Water Works Tools PVC and Steel Pipe Saddles are designed specifically for steel and pvc mains and can be used on domestic water, heating hot water, Air, natural gas, glycol and sewage mains. All saddles have a stainless steel IP male thread for easy installation of you full port ball valve. Please specify main size and outlet size when ordering. If you have any questions about these tapping saddles please call and we can help you pick the correct saddle for your needs.
Panel: Type 304 (18-8) Stainless steel per ASTM A240
INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS FOR WATER WORKS TOOLS COPPER SADDLES
1. Thoroughly clean the pipe surface, and inspect the area where the saddle will be installed for flaws, gouges,
protrusions, excessive corrosion, etc. irregular surfaces should be avoided to assure maximum gasket sealing.
2. Lubricate the pipe and gaskets with a light soap/water solution and center the outlet of the saddle over the
desired area and continue around the pipe with the saddle.
3. Install washers, bars, flat Teflon washers and nuts. Evenly tighten the nuts and maintain and even gap
between the ends of the panel.
4. Tighten nuts evenly, alternating from one to the other always maintaining an even gap distance between both
panels. Tighten nuts in this sequence until tight. Do not over tighten. Wait 10-15 minutes to allow the gaskets to
fully compress. Recommended torque is 35-40 ft lbs.
5. Retighten nuts in sequence following step 4.
6. On Hot Water Lines, especially over 1300 -1400 F allow the gaskets to fully compress, and recheck the nut’s
tightness after 60-90 minutes. (After adding insulation, the heat to the gasket can increase, causing additional gasket compression.)